Manage Carbon is a leader in modelling partnerships and strong working relationships to achieve a range of effective carbon management / energy efficiency projects across Geelong in addition to businesses elsewhere in Victoria.
Certificate IV in Carbon Management - Carbon Training International
Green Star Accredited professional (Performance) - Green Building Council Australia
CitySwitch State & National Partnership Awards 2014 - Future Proofing Geelong: commercial building upgrade project
City of Greater Geelong 'Green Achiever Award' Finalist 2015 - Future Proofing Geelong: commercial building upgrade project
One Planet Principles - Trained in One Planet Living Sustainability Integrator skills.
With experience in the commercial building sector, renewable energy, manufacturing industry and carbon farming Manage Carbon can respond to your large or smaller carbon management needs.
Your business may want carbon management skills for:
- National Greenhouse Energy Reporting (NGER) or have other reporting requirements
- Measuring the current energy use
- Identifying key upgrades such as lighting, heating/cooling, transport, production processes or waste
- Building upgrades, in association with Property Managers and other key operations staff
- Addressing potential changes in staff behaviour to reduce emissions and cut operating costs
- Investigating potential improved production processes
- Learning the current life cycle of a product
- Identifying carbon ‘off-setting’ opportunities
- Being informed of best practice in similar businesses
- Reporting to Boards of Management
- Finding funding sources to implement energy efficiency best practice measures
During the carbon management process, the Carbon Manager will:
- analyse the current position of your organisation, including doing a carbon audit
- identify risks and opportunities linking and aligning business activities with carbon reduction actions in order to reduce running costs
- create a tailor-made Carbon Management Response Plan (CMRP)
- assist with communicating your CMRP to internal and external stakeholders
- provide follow-up support to implement your CMRP to achieve your carbon reduction and costs cutting goals
The Carbon Management Response Plan:
- is a purpose-made performance management tool
- includes business and risk performance management
- uses company / organisation established key result areas (KRAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs)
- identifies where organisational capability gaps exist and creates strategies for closing those gaps
- acts as a powerful communication tool for internal and external stakeholders
- enables your organisation to systematically and effectively reduce carbon emissions without distracting from its core business focus.